Tesco Bank in the UK is suffering severe operational and financial headaches this week following a serious security breach at the weekend.
More than 40,000 customers had their online bank accounts compromised, with more than 20,000 of those suffering fraudulent withdrawals. Tesco is blaming a ‘systematic, sophisticated attack’ for the breach, and is currently re-paying all customers who suffered losses.
Overall, it means serious losses and serious pain for Tesco. But the breach leads us to ask:
- When was the last time you checked your end to end CRM security?
- Have you cleaned up your users access and removed system administration access?
- How secure are your API connections to 3rd party systems?
- Just who gets your unencrypted .CSV data exports?
- Have you ever had an audit to test how safe your customer applications are?
A full System and Security HealthCheck from Cloudtech will make sure your CRM is as secure can be.
Contact us now to arrange a priority security health check of your system.
Don’t be the next Tesco.